RGC at Tailings and Mine Waste Conference 2011
RGC contributed six papers to the Tailings and Mine Waste Conference 2011 held in Vancouver, Canada. The content covered a variety of topics including case studies and technical approaches to mine waste challenges.
RGC President Dr. Andy Robertson, P.Eng presented his keynote address entitled Mine Waste Management in the 21st Century: Challenges & Solutions Beyond Incremental Changes.
Jack Caldwell, P.E. co-presented a short course entitled Mine Closure: Best Management Practices.
All papers are available at the links below:
- Mine Waste Management in the 21st Century: Challenges & Solutions Beyond Incremental Changes (Keynote Address) - Robertson, A. MacG. (Paper) (Presentation)
- Brief History of the Conference Series - van Zyl, D., Caldwell, J.A. (Paper) (Presentation)
- Thirty Years of Tailings Seepage History from Tailings & Mine Waste - Brixel, B., Caldwell, J.A. (Paper) (Presentation)
- Thirty Years of Tailings History from Tailings & Mine Waste - Caldwell, J.A., van Zyl, D. (Paper) (Presentation)
- Current Groundwater Quality Conditions at the Historic Rum Jungle Mine Site, Northern Australia - Ferguson, P.R., Wels, C., Fawcett, M. (Paper) (Presentation)
- The Ekati Long Lake Containment Facility: History & Future of Processed Kimberlite Disposal - MacKenzie, I., McLean, K., Coop, G., Caldwell, J.A. (Paper) (Presentation)
Last News (See all)
- Jack Caldwell featured in CIM Magazine
Tailings truth-teller: Closure expert and blogger extraordinaire Jack Caldwell on leaving a legacy to be proud of
- ACG Newletter features Dr. Robertson's interpretation of the future of Tailings Dams
Tailings: Dammed, Damned or Damless
- RGC at Tailings & Mine Waste 2012, Keystone, Colorado